Volunteer Profile: Faisal
I have had the privilege of growing up in a part of the world that has both extremes of culture seperated by a border. I grew up in Saudi Arabia, moved to United Arab Emirates - two countries that are poles apart and I topped it off by coming to Canada to finish off my higher education. I have a Bachelors in Engineering and am currently pursuing my MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University.

I became a part of the Leadership Development Program because as per common belief, I strongly disagree with the concept that leadership is a trait that someone is born with and cannot be learnt. I believe that leaders are created as a result of their surroundings, their social circles and their willingness to take the initiative and do what needs to be done. The leadership development program affords me the opportunity to share ideas and network with future leaders, enhance my skills and bring a new perspective to the team because of my background.
0 Responses

Post a Comment